Group by Sequence?

Startseite Forums www.mortara.org Software WIA-Loader Group by Sequence?

Ansicht von 7 Beiträgen - 1 bis 7 (von insgesamt 7)
  • Autor
    Anonym
    Inaktiv

Hello,

I would like to store my images in folders named after the starting and ending number range of the photos that I am uploading. For example, if the camera has pictures IMG_0134.jpg through IMG_0412.jpg, then I would like to store all those photos in a single directory named C:\photos\0134-0412.

Can the "Group by sequence" do this? What can you put in the "Seq. property" box? How does this feature work?

Thank you!
    – Peter

Patrick
    Administrator

Hello Peter,

the ‚Group by Sequence‘ feature allows you to form groups of (sequential) images with same properties. For example, you can put an exif field containing the used lens in the ‚Seq. Property‘ field and it will create a new group whenever you have switched the lens on your camera. The resulting group names have to be entered manually.

ATM, the easiest way to achieve what you want, would be to use a ‚Keyword‘ step, and enter the numbers manually. I’ll take a look to see if there is a easier method …..

Patrick

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Patrick,

One other thing I tried is to use two "Create Variable" steps as follows:

Step: FIRSTNAME
    Condition: <NAME> < <FIRSTNAME>
    FIRSTNAME = <NAME>
    Initial value = ZZZ_9999

Step: LASTNAME
    Condition: <NAME> > <LASTNAME>
    LASTNAME = <NAME>
    Initial value = AAA_0000

Step: Save Image
    Create folder: <FIRSTNAME:|5-8>-<LASTNAME:|5-8>

This did not work. I also tried using numbers instead: <variable:|5-8> with 9999 and 0 for initial values. Am I using the condition or variable assignment incorrectly? I guess this method only works if WIA_Loader does two passes: one to assign these variables and the second for the actual transfer.

By the way, just having the name of the first photo in the directory would also be ok instead of the range (C:\photos\0134) if that is easier.

Thanks again!
    – Peter

Patrick
    Administrator

Hi,

you’re right, it would need two passes through all the steps in order to make it work with the CreateVariable step. I found a very easy solution to your problem, it’s in the new beta version. I’ve added to new variables <FIRSTIMAGE> and <LASTIMAGE>, containing the names of the first and the last selected image to be imported.

Patrick

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Patrick,

Thanks for putting those variables in so quickly! I’m afraid that it does not quite work however. It looks like the order that the images are transferred from the camera is not necessarily in numerical order, and not the same every time. In my camera, I have images IMG_0681 to IMG_0930. The first time I ran it, FIRSTIMAGE was IMG_0914 and LASTIMAGE was IMG_0681. The next time I ran the same profile, FIRSTNAME was IMG_0681 and LASTNAME was IMG_0914. From then on, each time I ran the same profile, it alternated between those two!

I don’t know if you have control over the order of transfer, but if you did it in alphabetical filename order, these variables should work. If you do not have control over the order, I think the only way for this to work would be 2 passes.

Thanks again for looking at this!
    – Peter

Patrick
    Administrator

You can specify the sort order from the main windows menu-bar. The import should use the same sort order as the preview window.

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Works great, many thanks!
    – Peter

Ansicht von 7 Beiträgen - 1 bis 7 (von insgesamt 7)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.