WIA-Loader is a program to automatically transfer images from a digital camera, flash card or even smartphone to the computer. Many options are available for creation of folders as well as for editing the images during transfer. WIA loader thus virtually depicts a part of a photographer’s workflow: from the camera to the computer.
- Quickly and easily transfer images and videos to your computer
- Creates order in the picture collection. Images are stored in fixed locations, with fixed definable names
- Different profiles can be defined for different applications, e.g. different handling of images from different cameras or lenses
- Automatically rotates images in the correct position (if the EXIF data is correct) or enlarges or enlarges them during import
- Links GPS location data from GPS loggers to images
- Helps tagging images
- Extensive manipulations or evaluation of exif data using ExifTool during transfer:
- Embed geolocation data from as www.geonames.org,
- Embedding comments, keywords, copyright information
- Remove unwanted EXIF data
- WIA loader can also ‘react’ to EXIF properties, i.e. for example, to treat images taken in a bracketing mode separately
- Creates HTML photo albums for the transferred images
- Cameras can be ‘remotely controlled’:
- Take photos at the click of a mouse and transfer them directly to the computer (“Tethered Shooting”)
- Freely configurable exposure series and interval recordings
- And much, much more!
The current free version of WIA-Loader is based on .NET 6.0 and is distributed as ‘Stand-Alone’ package, you don’t need to install .NET seperately!
The paid version is available from microsoft app store:
Currently the paid version has the following additional features:
- Automatic image tagging with azure cognitive services
- Group by similarity
- Manual grouping by Drag’n’drop
- Possibility to override general settings by specific device settings
- Wireless connection to WiFi/PTPIP capable cameras like NIKON Z 6 etc.
Classic .NET Version
These are old versions, i provide them for those cases where the new version won’t work.
Since .NET supports only a few image formats directly, many RAW image formats in particular cannot be processed with WIA loaders. Remedy is the most correct solution here. the use of a so-called Codecs for each image format. These are often supplied by the manufacturer of the camera.
But Alex Rietschin’s codecs work much better and faster. These cost around 10 euros, but are really worth this price.
If you buy the codec pack via this link I will be involved with a commission on sales:
FastPictureViewer Codec Pack
Info / Links