Erste Beta

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 16 bis 30 (von insgesamt 50)
  • Autor
    Patrick
    Administrator

Hey,

if it’s only the empty files and folders, that its an easy thing to fix. I’ll take a look right now …. Thanks for the feedback guys!!

Patrick

KrazyKong
    Teilnehmer

Good to hear Patrick. Look forward to trying out the next revision. Oh one thing, just a suggestion to change the version number in the about screen to whatever is the naming scheme, so that not all beta versions saying 1.0.0.0

Patrick
    Administrator

Ok, i’ll start with proper versioning now.

Patrick
    Administrator

ok, new Version (1.0.1) uploaded here. Tried to make things more stable and faster! Works good on my phone, could be a totally different result on others …. please report any strange behaviours ….

KrazyKong
    Teilnehmer

v1.01 does indeed feel a bit faster.

The app listing seems a little more stable and worked nicely the first time I clicked it. But it still randomly misses detecting apps.

But if I click list apps again, it finds it. It’s not any one particular app it misses. Sometimes it misses several too.

It looks like it now copies empty folders, but still doesn’t copy empty files. Am still using the "AppEx" folder to test.
    v1.01 didn’t seem to copy the "SNS_scroll_bottom.png" file either, and this file isn’t an empty file.

Oddly, when I disconnected and did a test copy with sTune, then loaded up WaveBackup again, when I did another test copy, this time it didn’t miss the SNS_scroll_bottom.png file.

Is there anyway to avoid fetching at all when you want to copy a file/folder? How does sTune manage to start copying files right away I wonder.

Secondly, how about the idea of adding a total or description or all files/folders to the copy dialog screen. So in the "AppEx" folder for example, it would say 568 files / 148 folders, and then have a counter against that so you can see it ticking down or up etc.

Patrick
    Administrator

sTunes doesn’t show you the total progress when downloading complete folders, this way it does not need to fetch the whole directory tree in advance. I could let WaveBackup do the same, but i thing in the end, it won’t be faster at all, because the total number of commands stays the same, just the order is changed …

Can you send me a logfile from your last WaveBackup session?

Patrick
    Administrator

Ok, found the next 0 byte bug, Version 1.0.2 is up.

Anonym
    Inaktiv

2 Many Thanx

2 patrick

for this wonderful tool
    posting.php?mode=reply&f=14&t=136#

KrazyKong
    Teilnehmer

Have upped some error logs for you Patrick. Just tried a test copy using v1.02 of the "AppEx" folder and got quite a few more errors copying files that used to copy ok.

The list apps seems to be working better now. I havn’t had it miss detecting an app yet. The scanning looks a little slower, so maybe guessing it’s benig a bit more thorough which is good.

As for the way sTunes copies files, what if you were to include this option for advanced users only. That way we can choose between the copy blind mode and fetch+copy modes.

Also, it would be nice to have a button that allows you to dump the entire contents of the phone in one click. Again hopefully with the option to blind copy (sTune mode) or fetch+copy.

adfree
    Teilnehmer

Hello.

Tested 1.0.2, AppEx no Warning messages.
    0 KB files are backuped.
    Seems to run. 😳

Also Mount Mmc files are skipped.

Patrick
    Administrator

I would like to find out, why the ‚experience‘ is so totally different for each of us. On my machine, i’ve almost no problems at the moment. I need more information about your environment. i’m using a 2 year old pc with Windows 7 x64, cpu is an intel quad core. What do you have?

I also think .NET could be the reason for some of the stability problems, but this would be rather hard so solve ….

KrazyKong
    Teilnehmer

I’m running XP SP3 on a P4 3.4EEghz system. The chipset is the 875 series. I have .NET 3.5 SP1 I think installed, not 4.0 however.

I don’t know why it’s different for each of us. It’s possible the phones play a part in this, as we are all probably running various versions & revisions of Bada.

adfree
    Teilnehmer

Also XP SP3.

Best Regards

Patrick
    Administrator

Bada Version is a good idea too, mine is JL2 (bada 1.2).

adfree
    Teilnehmer

JL2

I will try on Win 7 Home next days…
    Also I will check Driver Version…

Maybe 1 user can confirm 0 problems on Win 7.

Best Regards

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 16 bis 30 (von insgesamt 50)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.