WiFi capable Nikon cameras
Since version 220.127.116.11 WIA-Loader can directly access Nikon Z cameras that are connected by WiFi to the same network as your computer.
You can then transfer images or directly control your camera with WIA-Loader
The camera should the appear in the Devices menu.
- The camera has to be paired once with Nikons 'Wireless Transmission Utility'. WTU can be deactivated afterwards
- The camera has to be connected to the same network as your computer.
- There has to be at least one single image selected for transmission on the camera (i-key). You can access all other images then anyway
- WIA-Loader has to be version 18.104.22.168 or newer with a valid licence from the microsoft store, it does not work in the free version
- In WIA-Loaders settings you have to activate 'CameraControl.Devices' and 'PTPIP'
This should work with all Nikon Z cameras and all Nikon cameras that have WiFi capability either embedded or via external adapter.
I could only test it with my Nikon Z6 so far.
In theory it should even work with cameras from other manufacturers as long as they support PTPIP.
© 2021 Patrick Mortara